• Tend and maintain the gardens around the youth centre such as weeding, mulching, pruning and ensuring tidy appearance.
• Developing and maintaining produce plots ie vegetable gardens, fruit trees.
• Use of environmentally sustainable practices ie composting, worm farms etc.
• Clearing any roadside gutters, drains and car parks of garden matter, and provide some general centre maintenance.
• Using appropriate allocated personal protective equipment.
• Adhering to all Safe Work Practices and Procedures.
• Attend staff/volunteer team meetings.
*Previous gardening experience
*Sound knowledge of horticultural practices
*Knowledge of relevant plant and equipment capabilities and maintenance requirements.
Browser upgrade recommended
It looks like you may be using a web browser version that we don’t support. Make sure you’re using the most recent version of your browser, or try using Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome, to get the full SEEK Volunteer experience.