West Australian Pet Project Inc. (WAPP) are searching for a Volunteer Coordinator to join our team. We are an incorporated, ACNC registered, foster-based animal rescue operating in the Perth Metro area, we do not have a premises or employees - we are 100% volunteer run.
We are looking for a proactive, friendly and switched on person located in the Perth Metro area to establish our Volunteer Coordinator role. Duties will include:
- Interviewing foster carer and general volunteer applicants
- Onboarding and training suitable applicants in WAPP's processes
- Taking over coordination of our existing team of 50+ volunteers
- Developing relationships with our volunteers, both new and existing
- Checking in regularly with our volunteers to keep them engaged
- Helping field volunteer questions and providing them with answers and direction in regard to our processes
- Monitoring an email account and Facebook volunteer group
The successful applicant will:
- Have experience in managing teams of over 50 people
- Certification in HR or Management is desirable (partial Bachelors and TAFE considered)
- Be confident in conducting phone interviews and developing interview questions
- Be friendly, have good people skills and consider themselves a 'people person'
- Be a fast learner with the ability to memorise our processes and have the ability to efficiently store information to be easily found when needed
- Have good verbal and written communication skills
- Have the ability to work remotely and as part of a team effectively
- Technologically savvy with the ability to learn new platforms
- Love animals and want to help us save lives
This job is very important to our organisation, we are 100% volunteer run and without our foster carers and general volunteers we would not be able to save the lives of homeless animals in WA. Our management team is small and finding a person who meshes with our existing team and has the dedication to our organisation we currently share is crucial. Training and guidance on our processes and procedures will be provided for the successful applicant.
This role is suitable for anyone who meets the criteria who is looking to make a difference in the lives of animals. It may be suitable for persons with retail or hospitality management experience, or a university student completing or just completed their degree looking to gain experience in the field of volunteer management.