As a member of the FReeZA Committee, you will help create, organise and deliver live music gigs, dance parties, cultural events and recreational activities that are drug, alcohol and smoke free. We want young people planning and leading the events!
As a member of the Expressions Committee, you will work together to design, plan and deliver events celebrating diversity in the community. You will have the opportunity to learn from industry experts about event and project management, network and to meet other like-minded young people, service providers, community leaders and other community members through the delivery of the event. Participants will work together to research and determine film topics focusing on diversity, organise relevant speakers in relation to the topic, include performances and/or associated activities.
These two committees give young people the opportunity to:
- learn about the performing arts industry and local government
- receive mentoring from musicians, event managers and artists
- gain experience and skills in event planning and management
- build up the resume while meeting new people
- receive free training and free entry to all events
- plan fun and awesome events for you and your friends
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to
- the planning and management of events
- booking of performers and speakers – bands, DJ, dancers, other artists, film-makers, venues and vendors
- audio visual / sound production
- promotion and marketing support
- coordination with other members and tasks of the committee
- providing support on the day of events
When applying, please state whether you are interested in taking part in the Expressions Committee or the FReeZA Committee.
If you have any questions please contact Jessica Scott the Youth Services Team Leader on 8290 1156.