West Australian Pet Project Inc. (WAPP) are searching for a social media expert to join our team. We are an incorporated, ACNC registered, foster-based animal rescue operating in the Perth Metro area, we do not have a premises or employees - we are 100% volunteer run.
We are looking for a proactive, friendly and switched on person located in Western Australia to take over running of our social media accounts (Facebook and Instagram). Duties will include:
- Creating and posting content for both Facebook and Instagram
- Ensuring WAPPs branding guidelines are met for content
- Increasing engagement
- Monitoring the account for interactions
- Referring enquiries to the relevant persons as needed
The successful applicant will:
- Have certification in PR, Media or Marketing (partial Bachelors or TAFE will be considered)
- Experience in running social media accounts is highly desirable
- Working knowledge of analytics for both Facebook and Instagram platforms
- Have the ability to work remotely and alone effectively
- Be proactive in creating content
- Be friendly and have good written communication skills
- Love animals and want to help us save lives
This job is very important to our organisation, increasing our engagement will enable us to increase donations and re-home more animals which allows us to save more lives of homeless animals in WA. Content will be checked by an appointed member at first to help you get the feel for WAPP, our brand and ethos.
This role may be ideal for a university student completing or just completed their degree, looking to make a difference while gaining important experience in the field of social media management.