- Public Engagement staff
- Working with other volunteers, Museum staff & Security personnel.
- You will need good communication skills and fluency in English as you will be required to follow instructions and assist visitors if there is an emergency evacuation.
- Some light manual handling required.
- Setting up and packing down displays.
- Meeting, greeting and directing visitors.
- Volunteers will be expected to undergo a Working with Children Check (WWCC).
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Compliance with all relevant directions and protocols with Museum's COVID Safe Management Plan.
- Follow guidelines and policies as directed by the Public Engagement Team.
- Maintain a commitment to Equal opportunity, Diversity & Ethical Conduct.
- Comply with WHS legislation and South Australian Museum WHS policies and procedures.
- Strive for practices that align with the South Australian Museum Mission, Vision & Objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an interest in customer service.
- Being flexible and using initiative.
- Ability to interact professionally and positively and enjoy interaction with a wide variety of visitors.
- Ability to work co-operatively with other Museum Staff Security, Shop & Café staff, and other volunteers.
- Being culturally aware and respectful to all visitors.
If you are a bright shiny happy person that likes to have fun we want to hear from you.