- Minimum 12-month commitment
- 5 hours per month
The Australian Red Cross International Humanitarian Law (IHL) Program seeks to prevent and alleviate suffering in times of war and conflict and promote non-violence and peace by working towards the following outcomes:
- Australians in war and conflict understand that wars have laws and apply them;
- Australian law and policy reflects IHL and humanitarian principles; and
- the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement has maximum global impact in IHL, and Movement members achieve their local humanitarian objectives.
- As a member of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement, Australian Red Cross has an obligation to promote awareness about IHL or the laws of war.
The Community Speakers Network (CSN) is an Australian Red Cross group which will provide essential support to the IHL Program by promoting awareness of IHL and the work of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement to the general community (excluding schools, universities and corporate groups). CSN members will be responsible for promoting the CSN to community groups and coordinating the work of the CSN in disseminating IHL to the community.
This role will suit someone who has a strong interest in IHL, is passionate about disseminating IHL throughout the wider community and enjoys public speaking. The ideal candidate will have experience in volunteering and public speaking as well as the ability to effectively engage with community groups and develop networks.
As a member of the CSN, you will be able to develop networks with community groups and engage in community activities aimed at increasing awareness of IHL, humanitarian action and the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
Please note: you will be required to upload a recent copy of your CV to submit this application.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.