AVCon is an annual Anime & Video Games Festival held in Adelaide. AVCon strives to celebrate the world of anime, gaming, cosplay, pop culture, art and more in one big community-based event.
The Role: This volunteer role is ideal for someone who is looking to make an everyday impact on the future of cancer research and who also has a strong interest in the AVCON Festival. You will be representing Cure Cancer on the day by supporting all fundraising initiatives for the event.
- Support fundraising on the day
- Assist with selling co-branded merchandise; the ideal candidate would feel comfortable approaching people in a social setting and enticing them to purchase merchandise
- Ability to work independently and in a group and able to take direction
- Ad hoc tasks as required
- Help in ushering guests around throughout the event
- Representing Cure Cancer in a positive manner
For information on this role, contact the Effie Kent on 0280726110 or [email protected]
Skills & Experience:
- Interest in event management, fundraising or in related field
- Warm and friendly personality with strong communication and written skills
- Comfortable in a large group setting and confident in selling merchandise
- Good team worker
- A proven eye for detail
- Proficient in MS Office