International Volunteers for Peace (IVP) is seeking a Bookkeeper. Minimum of 1 year commitment.
You will be responsible for: ● regular upkeep of bookkeeping ● checking bank statements to prepare a monthly reconciliation ● checking IVP online documents and emails relating to financial transactions ● filing of financial and related documents. ● Preparation short monthly reports for committee meetings ● Attend monthly committee meetings (Sunday 4pm - 5.30pm) ● email communication between meetings if required ● Prepare annual report for the AGM, usually held in April/May
Requirements for the position:
- understanding of the principles of bookkeeping
- knowledge of online bookkeeping systems
- systematic filing skills
- an eye for detail and accuracy Desirable
- previous experience as treasurer or bookkeeper
- experience with the NGO world will be appreciated
You will be supported by and responsible to the Coordinators of IVP. The IVP committee are all volunteers. We are a friendly group of people using consensus model of decision making. Your input to discussions and decisions will be invited and appreciated.