Skip to main content
Search results

Community Bus drivers and assistants

City of Marion
Logo for City of Marion

Driving applicants will need to have a car licence and for both roles you'll need to be willing to: *Assist on the community bus to provide transport to and from shopping centres, the adult recreation centre and social clubs. *When needed, help by carrying shopping bags for clients to their front door or into client houses if requested. *Assist residents to attend social activities. *Report to the community bus coordinator any changes that may affect a client’s ability to access the community bus. *Assist with daily mechanical checks on the community bus, ensuring hazards and safety concerns are recorded and reported in line with reporting procedure.

If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you. Contact Mark at City of Marion to learn more about this role and how you can get involved.

*All volunteers will need to have a National Police Check and the relevant DHS checks - these will come at no cost to successful volunteer applicants. Full training will be provided so you can offer our residents the best and friendliest service.

Bus drivers will need to have a driving assessment and both drivers and assistants will need an NPC and a certificate from your GP stating you are in good health.