OK I lied, there is no cooking or bottle washing involved! These are the daily duties.
- Open front gate.
- Place OPEN sign outside front gate & put out flags
- Unlock tearoom door, sign in, put on fluro vest (Shire Council requirement)
- Unlock display centre door. Check that audiovisual display switch is in the ON position.
- COVID-19 Requirements: Set out hand sanitizer & QR code folder on table outside front door or inside if poor weather. Check yourself in with QR code. Clean display centre after each group of tourists: Clean indoor hard surfaces, frequently touched areas, windows if necessary. Dust & sweep as required (including ramp).
Check that toilets have hand towels, toilet paper & liquid soap.
Dust, sweep & mop up water on floor (after rain) as required.
- At the end of the day: Empty waste baskets as necessary. Clean toilets if necessary. Refill brochure containers (front gate & in display area) as required.
- Remove full COVID-19 sheets and put them in the appropriate folder in the tearoom. Leave tearoom clean and tidy. Put hand sanitizer and QR code folder back in display centre
- Lock display centre.
- Return fluro vest and sign off. Lock tearoom, leaving it clean and tidy.
- Place OPEN sign inside gate. Remove flags & place them undercover near display centre door.
- Lock gate.
Whilst you're in White Cliffs, we want to make sure you enjoy yourself. Accommodation ranges from the Underground Motel, The White Cliffs Hotel, B&B's, Farm-stays, Caravan Park or Free Camping in the Potch Gully. Enjoy fish and chips at the General Store on a Friday Night or dine with the friendly locals at the Sporting Club on a Sunday Night. Take an Underground Mine Tour, enjoy coffee and fresh scones at the Red Earth Cafe, browse the Jewellery Stores and perhaps find that special Opal that will remind you of your outback experience. Then there are the Paroo-Darling and Mutawintji National Parks within a short drive from White Cliffs which are well worth the visit.
If you would like to contribute a little of your time to this preservation project and enjoy yourself in doing so, or if you have any questions, I would love to hear from you.
Please email me with a rough idea of when you would be available, giving me as much notice as possible, four weeks preferably, and I'll send you some background reading on the history of the site. Warm Regards Graeme Hanigan Secretary