We are a seeking a passionate volunteer with marketing experience and excellent communication skills, to help us promote our ecological justice and environmental protection events to community groups.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Jesuit Social Services is a social change organisation working to build a just society where all people can live to their full potential. Since 1977, Jesuit Social Services has provided services to some of the most disadvantaged in our community. We place a high priority on advocacy and are a leader in policy development and research. Jesuit Social Services is a Child Safe organisation and is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to providing a family-friendly working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Jesuit Community College, is a key initiative of Jesuit Social Services. For people facing significant barriers to learning, the College provides opportunities for personal development, a solid foundation for further education and training and connection to a community of learning. Throughout the Ecological Justice Hub programs, we promote and teach ecological justice, ensuring that justice and equity are central to ecological sustainability. The Ecological Justice Hub is a permaculture garden dedicated to both social and environmental justice, restoring our relationship with nature and each other. It helps build knowledge and skills through a practical hands on skills based program where participants propagate, plant, cultivate and harvest vegetables. The harvested produce will then be used to prepare meals for the local community and charity groups homeless food programs.
OUTLINE OF VOLUNTEER’S RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designing marketing flyers, banners and other promotion material
- Scheduling , promoting and setting up sustainability events (in the City of Moreland)
- Corresponding with and communicating events to the local council
- Reporting to and supporting Eco Justice Hub Coordination
- Jesuit Social Services takes child protection seriously, and you are required to meet the behaviour standards outlined in our Code of Conduct.
- Other duties, as may be required
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Experience in marketing and/or events management
- Advanced PC skills including in: InDesign, Photoshop and MS suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to show initiative and leadership
- Understanding and sympathy with the mission and ethos of Jesuit Social Services
- Passionate about environment and sustainability
- Valid Working with Children Check card;
- Successful Police Check to be conducted by Jesuit Social Services prior to commencement (at no cost for volunteers)