Mahboba’s Promise is an Australian non-profit organisation dedicated to providing a sustainable future to vulnerable women and children in Afghanistan. Over the past twenty-two years, Mahboba’s Promise has adhered to the values of compassion and integrity to empower women and children to make a lasting difference in their own lives. We have established schools, shelters and health clinics across Afghanistan and provide sponsorships for girls’ education, widows, and orphans.
ABOUT THE ROLE OF COMPLIANCE OFFICER
The compliance officer will be responsible for reviewing and updating key policies and procedures for Mahboba’s Promise in line with DFAT accreditation standards. They will advise key stakeholders on issues of risk management, compliance, and legislation.
They will be required to:
- Monitor, research and respond to DFAT accreditation and ACNC requirements related to contractual compliance, risk management, and data transparency.
- Review and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, reliability of financial reporting, compliance with applicable laws and the safeguarding of assets.
- Update existing policies and procedures in line with DFAT accreditation standards.
- Write and submit required reports and responses with applicable evidence and supporting documentation to attain base-level accreditation.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a similar position or role.
- Previous experience in writing, reviewing and developing policies.
- An eye for detail and strong administrative skills.
- Excellent planning, management, and organizational skills.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Experience undertaking internal audit and compliance checks.
- An understanding of the requirements for DFAT accreditation and the ACFID Code of Conduct (preferred)