The Salvation Army Thrift Shop in Millicent SA, is a vibrant place where great things happen: Generous people donate amazing items, customers enjoy an ever-changing selection of goods, volunteers gain friendships and share experiences, all whilst raising much-needed funds to assist the most vulnerable in your community. You can be a part of this by volunteering just a few hours per week as a Retail Driver.
The Millicent Thrift Shop team is seeking a responsible person to act as a C Class Driver for large donation pickups from the community. On each run you will drive the Toyota Hiace van with a trailer and you are accompanied by a Retail Drivers Assistant. A reasonable level of fitness is required for this role as it requires lifting/moving donated items. A clean driving history is a requirement of the role and experience driving with a trailer. C Class licence required.
For insurance purposes, the successful applicant must hold a current and full licence, with a good driving history. The applicant should also be capable of assisting with moving heavy items, and demonstrate maturity and responsibility.
For this role, a driver's assistant will accompany you on the daily route and assist with the lifting of furniture and other donated items. The successful candidate will be friendly and customer focused, but also able to evaluate the condition and suitability of items for sale in a tactful manner.
The Salvation Army has measures in place to ensure the well being of volunteers through stringent adherence to health and safety regulations and government directives at this time.
Shifts available Tuesdays and Fridays. Please advise your availability in expression of interest.
The Tasks Associated with the Role Include
- Pick-up and delivery service, providing a quality transport service
- Save driving - collection and delivery of goods
- Assist to load and unload goods to and from the vehicle
- Assist with planning and navigation to scheduled addresses
- Maintain a clean and tidy vehicle
Personal Qualities/Attributes Required for the Role
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience in customer service or retail preferred, but not essential
- Experience in a similar role such as furniture removal advantageous, but not essential
- Punctual and reliable with a friendly and positive disposition
- Able to work in a team and autonomously when required
- A respect and willingness to work within the ethos of The Salvation Army (TSA)
Mandatory Requirements of the Role
- C Class licence and good driving history.
- Complete The Salvation Army's volunteer registration process
- Complete The Salvation Army induction modules and any other training as required
- Criminal History Check (Police Check) and any other integrity checks as required for the role
A role profile for this position is available upon request and will also be provided to the successful applicant during the interview process.
The successful candidate will be supported with induction and training to succeed in the role.