The Salvation Army (TSA) in Ballina, NSW are looking for new volunteers to help bring HOPE where it’s needed most. Be a part of this by volunteering just a few hours per week as a Customer Service Assistant in our store and make a difference in your community.
The Salvation Army Family Stores are a vibrant places where great things happen: generous people donate amazing items, customers enjoy an ever-changing selection of goods, volunteers gain friendships and share experiences, all whilst raising much-needed funds to assist the most vulnerable in your community.
A typical day as a Customer Service Assistant will see you attending to customer needs whilst maintaining a welcoming environment, contributing to a positive in-store experience. The Customer Service Assistant supports the Store Manager in operations of the store ensuring quality customer service, processing customer sales, cash handling & EFTPoS sales, sorting of donated goods, pricing and maintaining the general appearance and upkeep of the shop. Equally important, all Customer Service Assistants are responsible for fostering a culture of inclusiveness and community spirit amongst the volunteer team, which will in turn enhance the customer experience in the store.
Experience in customer service is favorable but not required as you will receive on the job training and support. Your attention to detail and a desire for order and sparkle will be assets in this role, as will your upbeat and friendly attitude.
- Sorting, lifting and processing of stock
- Customer service, cash handling, and point of sale processing
- Answering phone and responding to enquiries
- Referring those in need to other TSA services if needed
- Operate following all WHS procedures, including use of PPE, to ensure a safe environment for all
- Report and health and safety concerns to the supervisor
- Ensure TSA values of integrity, compassion, respect, diversity and collaboration are upheld while working at the shop.
Personal Qualities and Attributes
- Reliable & Trustworthy
- Proactive and self-motivated team player able to make a positive contribution
- Needs minimal supervision and works in a safe manner
- Receives and responds well to constructive feedback and direction
- Respects organisation and personal property and the beliefs of others in a non-judgmental way
- Acts and represents the organisation in an honest and ethical way
- Good match for the team and TSA values
- Good verbal communication skills
- Well groomed
Qualifications & Experience Requirements For The Role
- Customer service, retail or merchandising experience would be beneficial, but not essential as on the job training and induction are provided for the right candidates
Mandatory Requirements Of The Role
- Complete The Salvation Army's volunteer registration process
- A Police Check is required and other Integrity Checks may be required if working with team members under the age of 18
- Complete TSA mandatory training and induction modules, and any other training as required
Roster & Time Commitment
- Minimum 4 hours per week, as rostered.
- Please advise your availability in your expression of interest.
A role profile for this position is available upon request and will also be provided to the successful applicant during the interview process.