The Salvation Army Community Centre is currently seeking a volunteer team members to be involved with all aspects of our drop in centre programs.
The Salvos Hub is a drop in center for the local community. It offers a range of activities and programs including craft, cooking, gardening, games and the like. We also offer coffee and chat to our community. The role may also include cleaning and various jobs as required.
This could involve leading a range of art and games experiences so a good knowledge of and experience in facilitating group activities is required. The successful candidate will also have a demonstrated empathy with people from all walks of life, be supportive and encouraging, and be able to support the mission, aims and values of The Salvation Army.
Integrity checks will be a requirement of this role.
The Salvation Army will provide training, induction and ongoing support.
Please provide an outline of any relevant experience and your availability in your expression of interest.
A role profile for this position is available upon request and will also be provided to the successful applicant during the interview process.
A typical day will see you;
- Liaise with and advise manager regarding activities plan.
- Prepare and set up materials and resources for activities as required
- Following art/craft activity, ensure to clean and pack room.
- Ensure all necessary equipment and resources are available to cater to individual or group, ensuring all participants are wearing protective clothing.
- Facilitate art and craft activities that are appropriate to the participant or group.
- Operate in a manner that promotes effective teamwork, good relationships with families
The Salvation Army is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.