We are looking for a proactive, creative and enthusiastic volunteer to join our Marketing team at our Marsfield office as a video editor. This volunteering experience will allow you to create compelling stories while also having the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the NFP industry and contribute to an organisation that makes a real difference to the lives of women and children in Afghanistan.
We are looking for someone with an interest in international affairs and a passion for storytelling to volunteer 5-10 hours a week.
Mahboba’s Promise is an Australian non-profit organisation dedicated to supporting the disadvantaged women, widows, children and orphans of Afghanistan. Since 1998, Mahboba’s Promise has established schools, shelters and health clinics across Afghanistan and provided numerous sponsorships to widows and orphans in need.
As part of the role you will undertake tasks including:
- Editing footage from our Australian events as well as footage provided by our team in Afghanistan into dynamic, informative and inspiring videos to be used in marketing channels or to be shared with sponsors and partners
- Edit footage from events and speeches held in Sydney
- Collaborate closely with the marketing team *Film content locally (optional)
The ideal candidate will have:
- A keen interest in video editing or filmmaking
- Previous experience with video editing software (eg Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Davinci Resolve)
- A passion for creating compelling and inspiring stories through video
- Ability to work independently
- An interest in international affairs and development, the not-for profit sector and/or Afghanistan and its development context.
This is an unpaid, voluntary position. Volunteers of Mahboba’s Promise are covered by our public liability insurance.