The Salvation Army Thrift Stores are a vibrant places where great things happen: generous people donate amazing items, customers enjoy an ever-changing selection of goods, volunteers gain friendships and share experiences, all whilst raising much-needed funds to assist the most vulnerable in your community. You can be a part of this by volunteering a few hours per week as a Retail Assistant helping with sales, merchandising and quality control.
A typical day as a retail assistant will see you attending to customer needs whilst maintaining a welcoming environment, contributing to a positive in-store experience. The Retail Assistant supports the Store Manager in operations of the store ensuring quality customer service, sorting of donated goods, pricing and maintaining the general appearance and upkeep of the shop. Equally important, all Retail Assistants are responsible for fostering a culture of inclusiveness and community spirit amongst the volunteer team, which will in turn enhance the customer experience in the store.
The successful candidate will be supported with induction and training to succeed in the role.
A role profile for this position is available upon request and will also be provided to the successful applicant during the interview process.
**IMPORTANT: We kindly request that you provide a brief outline of your relevant experience, as well as your availability in the application comments section. Due to limited resources, we can only respond to applicants who have provided this information.
Experience in customer service is favorable but not required as you will receive on the job training and support. Your attention to detail and a desire for order and sparkle will be assets in this role, as will your upbeat and friendly attitude.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements For The Role
- Customer service, retail or merchandising experience would be beneficial, but not essential as on the job training and induction are provided for the right candidates
Mandatory Requirements Of The Role
- Complete The Salvation Army's volunteer registration process
- Integrity Checks may be required if working with team members under the age of 18
- Complete TSA mandatory training and induction modules, and any other training as required
Roster & Time Commitment
- Minimum 4 hours per week, as rostered. Please advise your availability in your expression of interest.