The Salvation Army Ipswich Family Store is a vibrant place where great things happen: Generous people donate amazing items, customers enjoy an ever-changing selection of goods, volunteers gain friendships and share experiences, all whilst raising much-needed funds to assist the most vulnerable in your community. You can be a part of this by volunteering just a few hours per week as a volunteer Driver's Assistant.
We are seeking a responsible person to act as an assistant to the volunteer Retail Driver for large donation pickups from the community and sorting items at the store. The applicant should be capable of assisting with moving heavy items and demonstrate maturity and responsibility. A reasonable level of fitness is required for this role as it requires lifting/moving donated items.
The Salvation Army has measures in place to ensure the well being of volunteers through stringent adherence to health and safety regulations, and government directives at this time.
The Tasks Associated with the Role Include
- Pick-up and delivery service, providing a quality transport service
- Assist to load and unload goods to and from the vehicle
- Be prompt, courteous and respectful when interacting with others
- Quality control of donations
- Sorting Donations
Personal Qualities/Attributes Required for the Role
- Experience in customer service or retail preferred, but not essential
- Experience in a similar role such as furniture removal advantageous, but not essential
- Punctual and reliable with a friendly and positive disposition
- Able to work in a team and autonomously when required
- A respect and willingness to work within the ethos of The Salvation Army (TSA)
Mandatory Requirements of the Role
- Complete The Salvation Army's volunteer registration process
- Complete The Salvation Army induction modules and any other training as required
- Criminal History Check (Police Check) and any other integrity checks as required for the role
- Wednesdays and Fridays, 9am - 3pm
- Please advise your availability with your expression of interest
A role profile for this position is available upon request and will also be provided to the successful applicant during the interview process.