As a fee-for-service social enterprise with charity status, our purpose is to prepare students for the future of work by providing them with a balance of enterprise life skills and real world experience.
Do you want to give your time and talent to something bigger than yourself? Need to get your foot in the door by gaining experience in your chosen career? Perhaps you can’t decide on your career and just need exposure across a number of roles? Are you looking for an environment that’s going to challenge your personal and professional growth?
PIG is a purpose-led consultancy of marketers, designers and digital technicians who are changing the way small businesses approach their biggest challenges in 2021.
We’d love to hear from you if you’re a current or past student and you’re looking for the opportunity to develop your knowledge and experience, or perhaps you have a desire to lead and mentor the next generation of talent.
What will you do?
- Use your natural creativity and love for design to stimulate ideas
- Work to a brief to develop the desired style and content over a number of iterations
- Optimise website creative across multiple Content Management Systems (Wordpress, Shopify, Square, etc)
- Produce creative graphics and designs that are on brand and intended for a range of social media channels
- Provide input on the creative elements across various brands and even collaborate with the team in developing the branding collateral for some brands
- You’ll work with Adobe creative suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc)
- You’ll collaborate with internal and external website designers and customer service designers to achieve customer-focused outcomes
Who will you be?
Past and present students welcome to apply You’ll put the team first and make yourself available for team meetings and events You’ll bring a passion or interest in small business (essential) You’ll bring a passion for charity (desired) You’ll have a high level of attention to detail and the organisation required to manage multiple deadlines at once You’re not afraid to take the initiative and will bank questions for the relevant team meetings You’ll bring a positive, continuous improvement attitude to everything you do
How will it work?
You’ll work virtually from home, so you’ll need a dedicated laptop, mobile and internet You’ll need to be available at least one full day per week over 3 months but hours are flexible
The average transition from full time education to full time employment is now 2.6 years (FYA, 2016) and that was pre-COVID.
Our vision is to totally eliminate this transition by giving students ownership and relevant experience to help them kick start their desired career.
We’re a fast-growing startup and we’re at a critical stage in our journey so this really is a unique opportunity to help influence the direction of the company. It’s not going to be easy given the current economic climate, so we’re looking to establish a culture of people who are committed to taking us to the next level in 2021.