Mahboba’s Promise is an Australian non-profit organisation dedicated to providing a sustainable future to vulnerable women and children in Afghanistan. Over the past 22 years, Mahboba’s Promise has adhered to the values of compassion and integrity to empower women and children to make a lasting difference in their own lives. We have established schools, shelters and health clinics across Afghanistan and provide sponsorships for girls’ education, widows, and orphans.
ABOUT THE PROJECT COORDINATOR
Our Projects team is dedicated to running local community projects for people from migrant and refugee backgrounds within Sydney. These projects are geared towards mental health programs, targeted assistance for single mothers and women, educational programs for youth and much more.
The Project Coordinator will assist in managing some of community projects and support, as required, the grant application process that funds them.
They will be required to:
- Work closely with the Project Leader for the project design and delivery of our community projects
- Work closely with the Project Leader to define a projects scope, objectives and outcomes
- Assist in the definition of all direct output for the project design such as number of events, venue, number of speakers, number of volunteers required, and any other output necessary for organising the project
- Event management of community events
- Ensuring projects are running in line with their scope, timeline and budget
- Assist in the management and administration of budgets to key partners for projects
- Assist the Grants Officer with grant applications and post-program follow up
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in project or event management (preferred but not essential)
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- A highly motivated self-starter with a mature and dynamic approach
- Ability to work within a team and communicate with various stakeholders
- Understanding, respect and appreciation of other cultures values
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in community work is preferred but not essential
- Comfortable working knowledge of Microsoft Office