SisterWorks is a partner of UN Women to deliver the UN Women’ Second Chance Education pilot project in Australia. SisterWorks provides training programs to the most vulnerable women with little English of refugee and migrant backgrounds. As an Engagement Coordinator, you will be working with SisterWorks to introduce new women into our program and empower them to learn new skills and follow pathways to employment, education and entrepreneurship.
- Welcome Sisters, warmly introducing them to their first workshop
- Register new Sisters on the online database
- Discuss pathways with Sisters and record their long-term goals or dreams
- Work with social mentor volunteers to help support Sisters to reach these goals, drawing upon available SisterWorks resources and external resources (e.g. resume writing workshops at the Library)
- Input any relevant pathways information into the database (e.g. if they have commenced employment, have enrolled in a course, etc.)
- Work to engage Sisters to take leadership within workshops (e.g. teaching English to another Sister, helping a fellow Sister learn to sew, etc.)
Desired Experience and qualifications
- Experience working with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Ability to take leadership
- Good listening and observation skills
- Capacity to work as part of a team
This role is best suited to someone
- who is resourceful and enthusiastic.
- is confident working with women of varied cultural backgrounds and limited English skills;
- has a warm and inviting personality;
- who is organised and proactive; and
- can work in a dynamic environment and problem solve challenges with a positive ‘can-do attitude.