The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of Vision Australia.
Do you enjoy meeting new people? We are seeking a volunteer one day a week to be the first point of contact for our front reception, by meeting and greeting visitors into our Kooyong centre.
Tasks and Responsibilities: – operate reception – answer phones and send faxes – assist with organising deliveries and taxi bookings – greeting visitors – guiding visitors around the building – assisting with administrational tasks – provide general information to all visitors as required
Skills and Experience: Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Customer service skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Working with people who are blind or have low vision Desirable Skills (not essential):
- Administration skills
- Attention to detail
- Fund raising skills
- Good written skills and fluent English speaking
- Promotion of Vision Australia services
- Team work skills
- Time management skills
- Working with minimal supervision
- Working with children or young people aged 0 to 18 years
- This type of volunteer provides support to the business by addressing individual needs of clients and/ or staff members when requested at any of the Vision Australia Service Centre locations.
- It is a great opportunity for people to further develop their administrational skills, as the role incorporates variety and a lot of role specific training is provided in all areas of administration.
- It also is a great option for someone who enjoys people contact and customer service in a very friendly, collaborative and fun environment.